Hamilton House Mailings Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2444392.
If you have any difficulty with access to this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mailing Information Exchange (MIE) - a group of websites which look at all aspects of direct mail and provide a comprehensive guide to getting higher response rates.
The MIE consists of a number of web sites each dealing with an element of direct mail and is supported by a series of advert free news groups which each convey the latest information on each aspect of direct mail.
THE STARTING POINT
- 50% of direct mail works, and 50% flops. What is it that makes one mailshot work and another become a total waste of money. This site assumes no background knowledge at all, and takes you through the basics and the preliminaries so that you can find out exactly how to make your mailshot work with higher profits than you ever imagined.
- The Standard Theory of Direct Mail makes it possible to predict why one mailshot works and another doesn't. This is the major work containing reports on research both by direct mailers and by academics into direct mail response rates.
- The Library - a collection of some of the most insightful articles in the practice of direct mail, its theory and practice. There's usually around 20 to 25 major articles in the library - covering key issues. They are charged at £5 to £10 each for download.
- The Mailing Site - a web site that summarises all the research and activities that have taken place within the Mailing Information Exchange and highlights key issues. A useful starting point for readers new to our work who want to get an understanding of the range of what we do.
- Getting started in direct mail. the point was made that some of the work in the Standard Theory is getting a bit involved, and sometimes people just like to have somewhere to start. That's what this is. A starting point.
- Writing and designing direct mail to meet the demands of the Standard Theory of direct mail and accord with the three fundamental laws.
- Humour in direct mail. The use of humour in the Toppled Bollard adverts, theory and practice.
DIRECT MAIL INFORMATION
- Mailing lists - available for immediate download on line - plus guidance and background. Buying lists on line is the cheapest way to get mailing lists - but do remember - you have to know how to integrate the list once you have downloaded it.
- Email mailing lists -email lists of schools businesses and consumers. How to get higher response rates with email marketing, how to avoid being labelled a spammer, and a complete guide to all the email mailing lists available.
- Cutting the cost in half using the Filtered Database Technique. If you can work out who your customers are, you can work out who the next group of customers will be - and cut the cost of reaching them.
- Solo mailing - the issues and factors involved in posting mail in the UK
SPECIALIST SITES CONCERNING SELLING TO SCHOOLS AND PARENTS (sponsored by the School of Educational Administrators)
SPECIALIST SITES FOR SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL STAFF
The articles on this site have been written or compiled by Tony Attwood, in many cases with the help and support of members of the Creative Direct news group.
About Tony Attwood - and his work
Tony Attwood C.Ed., B.A., M.Phil, F.Inst.A.M. founded the MIE and is chairman of Hamilton House Mailings. His approach to direct mail has transformed the way we approach direct marketing in the 21st century.
A free consultation and discussion of your advertising with Tony Attwood. Call 01536 399 000. No charge no obligation.
What exactly does Hamilton House do? For a 15 second summary click here
Hamilton House Mailings Ltd
Northants NN17 4HH