You were cleaning your home and suddenly you realized that it’s getting warmer. Something is wrong with your AC!
If you have some trouble with your air conditioner? If you feel that you need to have your AC repaired?
You can find air conditioning in New Braunfels which gives great A/C repair services for your AC needs.
If you observe some signs that you need some A/C repair but aren’t sure if you really need one, here are the signs that your air conditioner needs some conditioning.
Signs That You Need to You Need an A/C Repair
1. Your Air Conditioner Is Not Functioning
This is the most obvious sign that you need an A/C repair. If your AC is not functioning even if you’ve already checked the wirings and the cooling adjustments, then have your AC fixed immediately.
2. Your AC Is Working but Produce Little to No Cool Air
If your AC doesn’t cool that much even if you have already set your thermostat to its maximum level, there must be something wrong with your cooling unit. Call an air conditioning service near you.
3. It Cools but Makes Weird Noises
If you observe that your air conditioning unit is making strange noises which you haven’t heard before, there may be parts of it that are not functioning rightly.
4. It Produces Strange Smell
It’s not only about the discomfort of having a bad odor. More importantly, it’s about air contaminants that may have accumulated in your AC unit. Dirt, dust, mold or mildew may have been accumulated inside the air conditioner, and this may spread around your room, causing illnesses to the members of your household.
5. Your Unit’s Power Cycles Are Too Short
Your cooling unit automatically turns on and off to maintain the right temperature that you have set. However, if this cycle goes at strangely short periods, there must be something wrong with your AC unit, and you might need some technical help to have it fixed.
How Much Do A/C Repair Cost?
AC repair doesn’t have a single standard cost. The repair parts and service fees may depend on how damaged or which parts are damaged in your air conditioner. The cost also depends on the AC repair service provider. As of 2017, the general average cost for air conditioner repair ranges from $165 to $507.
Again, this depends on the defect of your AC. To provide you with more specific details of how much you could pay for an air conditioning repair, here is a list of the AC repair types and their respective costs:
- Replacement of circuit breakers and fuses: $15-$300
- Installing of new thermostat: $60-$250
- Condensate pump replacement: $90-$250
- replacement of new capacitor or contractor: $90-$400
- Air conditioner compressor hard start kit: $100-$250
- Replacement and installation of new condensing unit fan motor: $100-$300
- Replacing the circuit board: $120-$600
- Recharging of the air conditioner refrigerant: $160-$400
- Repairs on AC refrigerant leaks: $225-$1600
- Evaporator coil replacement: $650-$1200
- Replacement and installation of new home air compressor: $1350-$1800
If you notice these signs, contact an air conditioning service near your immediately to have it fixed and prevent the worsening of your unit’s condition.